Skip to main content

Moving on to a new job...

After 7.5 years, I decided to move on to explore new avenues on my career path. Its a mix feeling, I know that I am going to miss this company, as I have been part of its culture for last 7.5 years. Its hard to say good-bye to people you have worked with for so long. How can I say good-bye to people who are among very good friends of mine, people who pushed me to achieve new heights, guided me on my path to achieve it and helped me whenever needed! So, I didn't say good-bye to anyone!
I also wanted to say a big “Thank You” for the support I got from everyone there, but I think that is not needed as it is part of culture there. I have not got any special treatment, but seen that everyone is ready and willing to help & support each other.
have spent the biggest tenure of my professional life there. It felt (and it still feels) like our company! Working there is like playing World Cup Cricket on home ground. You get the toughest challenge, biggest reward and along with it, support of all associates. I might be exaggerating a little bit, but it’s my last day and I have every right to get carried away with emotions!
The phrase “last day” brings out more emotions, and memories. Memories of our Noida office and Rathi’s tea. Memories of Bankware, its fun-filled 24X7 work to meet deadlines. Memories of UBS, the problems, challenges, regular pizza in office, drink and dinner parties, stream outings. And the recent ones of Gurgaon office, fighting with TAG team, struggling with BGCs, and of course Polday.
If I continue to write all of it, I think my post will be more than allowed limit in size. I will mention just one incident which has the biggest impact on me here. I came back from onsite after 4 years; entire Gurgaon office was filled with new faces. It was like joining a new company. I went to Bhagirathi madam for my access card renewal, and she recognized me by name! It was surprising as I was out for 4 years, never visited Gurgaon office while I was onsite, and I put on a lot of weights! Still she recognized me and not only that, she gave me my anniversary gift which has returned due to invalid address three years back. I sent a mail that I will collect it when I visit Gurgaon, and forgot about it (three years!), but she not only kept it, immediately handed it over to me! This single incident made all new faces in Gurgaon familiar to me and I become part of Gurgaon office! No more onsite hangover or feeling lonely in office! That’s the culture and people I am talking about!
I Thank them all for giving me such wonderful experiences!
Now, from Monday onward, a new journey starts, with fresh challenges, new culture, new atmosphere, but many familiar faces. A lot of my friends are in this company and I am sure a lot of new friends are waiting! Thats because I believe in that there are no strangers in this world, all are friends, waiting to be introduced!

Comments

Vishy said…
Yeah...I would say i agree with you and understand your emotions since i have left the company 2 times therefore I can be considered having more exposure then you with regards to Polaris.

While being emotional is a good thing on the other hand what i am worried is that how long it lasts. Should it last longer then usual you may have problems dealing with "Polaris Phobia".

Polaris has been good as we all know; this company gave new dimensions to our careers; helped us achieve what we have achieved today and shaped us to face most challenges.

For Bhagirathi M'aam I would say she would remember you for life and so would you, me and most of the people, she is an miraculous person who does her job with full heart.

Wish you lot of success along the way!

Popular posts from this blog

Sholay - Special Edition DVD of Alternate Version

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011 TO ALL! This is my 50th post on this Blog, and I never thought I can post upto 50 when I started. I wanted to post this in December 2010, as my last post of the year. But somehow, the time taken in research as well as year end holidays delayed it, and now we are with this, my 50th post, about Sholay Special Edition DVD and Alternate Version, as the first post this year. Sholay ! The name is enough! Yes, I am talking about Sholay the movie! The most famous movie of Indian film industry ever! There are so much written about Sholay, that I don't think I can add any new information in the already known knowledge about this movie! It’s a cult movie! Even today, after 35 years of its release, people still remember the characters, not just the main characters, but small guest appearance characters such as Surma Bhopali or Jailor, Sambha, Kalia as well! We still refer Sholay dialogues in day to day conversations! So, if people know so much and remember this much

कारवाँ – ग्राफिक नॉवेल (हिंदी)

याली ड्रीम्स की अँग्रेजी में प्रकाशित और प्रशंसित ग्राफिक नॉवेल कारवाँ अब हिंदी में उपलब्ध हो गयी है। आजकल के सभी नए कॉमिक्‍स प्रकाशक अपनी किताबें अँग्रेजी में ही प्रकाशित करते है। यह उनकी विवशता है, क्योंकि नए प्रकाशक के पास उत्तम कहानी और चित्रांकन तो है, परंतु प्रकाशित पुस्तकों के वितरण का उपयुक्त साधन नहीं है। उन्हें कॉमिक कान या फिर ऑनलाइन स्‍टोर्स पर निर्भर रहना पड़ता है। फिर उत्तम श्रेणी की कहानी, कला एवं रूप-सज्जा देने पर पुस्तक का मूल्य भी अधिक होता है। हिंदी में पाठकों की संख्या तो है, परंतु अधिक पैसे खर्च करके नए प्रकाशक की कॉमिक्‍स लेने वाले पाठक कम है। ऊपर से बिना देखे, ऑनलाइन खरीदने वाले तो और भी कम है। ऐसे में अँग्रेजी के पाठक तुलनात्मक रूप से अधिक हैं। यही कारण है कि आज हरेक प्रकाशक अँग्रेजी में ही अपनी कॉमिक्‍स प्रकाशित कर रहा है। भले ही कहानियाँ शुद्ध देशी है, पर भाषा विदेशी है। यह एक विडंबना है, जिसे आज प्रकाशक और हिंदी पढ़ने वाले पाठक, दोनों को झेलना पड़ता है। ऐसा नहीं है कि हिंदी में कॉमिक्‍स एकदम प्रकाशित नहीं होती। राज कॉमिक्‍स आज भी हिंदी में कॉमिक प्रकाशि

TnT – Taranath Tantrik – City of Sorrows

I read both part of Taranath Tantrik - City of Sorrow , and to summarize it, I can only say that I just can’t wait for the third installment. Brilliant story, keeps you gripped till the last page in both part. I will not discuss spoilers here. The story is about a Psychic Taranath Tantrik working with his friends Shankar , a CID office, Sneha , a TV journalist and   Vibhuti , a horror novelist, in an investigation, where someone is trying to change the City of Joy Kolkata into City of Sorrows.  First part shows glimpse into Taranath’s past, and cut to present day for main story to develop. The second part again shows villain’s past, and then move to current day. So, the first one introduced TnT to us, and started chain of events which makes the story. Then second part introduced the villain to us, and the story progressed.  I liked this type of storytelling, which gives you a glimpse of main character’s past, and then jumps directly to the story. Shamik Dasgupta has once again