Skip to main content

Changing times... with Rape and molestation!


Desperate times need desperate measures, we need to lock away so called juvenile rapists and killers. He raped her, tortured her, killed her, and he will get away with it due to his age? Such underage monsters should be taken as mentally unstable and unfit for society. This will ensure they will never be able to walk free on road. If we need to bend some rules, let’s do that for the sake of our women and daughters!



I was at D-Mart last evening, and while walking towards billing counter, I stopped for a second, looking at packs of fruit juices, and decided to skip, started walking the very next second. But what happened in that one second has shown the impact of rape and violence towards women in recent times. A lady standing next to me, facing in the other direction, just took a step backward, and bumped into me. It was a normal situation in any crowded area. But her reaction was “Oh my God!”, and I, still not quite understood the reaction, was surprised. Then her male companion said, “Dekh Ke Chalo!”, and I realized that I am being accused of molesting that women! I stand my ground and responded that she stepped back and bumped into me, rather than I doing anything. Luckily, the argument was over there itself. But this forced me to think if they have acted wrongly, or I would have reacted the same way myself.

I have a 13 year old daughter and I really am not ok with this situation of society! I am always living in fear, and not sure what I will do or how I will face such situation with my family. So, I think the way this person has reacted, it completely justified, and I might have gone a little more and may have turn physical with the person who, even accidentally, touched my family.

I think the current situation of rape and molestation in our country has changed the way we tolerate each other. We don’t trust anyone when it comes to women in our family/friends. Every unknown face is a molester or rapist. And why not, they are everywhere. Who you can trust? A 16 year old or a 72 year old? There are rapist and killers in every age group!

Why does rape happens? Molestation was something very common in crowded areas and often go unnoticed or unreported. Since childhood I have seen guys taking advantaged of situations like crowded bus or street, even in cinema halls. But that was unknown face in the crowd, touching you inappropriately. Here, the guy is forcing you to participate in a sexual act, sometime brutal sexual act, to fulfill his fantasy! You are likely to remember his face and recognize him later. So, what has changed? What prompted these hiding cowardly faces to come out from their hidings and do these acts in open?

The answer is simple, lack of consequences! This started with fear of girls in reporting these events. Families also put pressure on girls to keep quiet and try to forget about what happened! This was how most of the rape cases went unreported, and still are not reported. This has change the thinking of those cowardly molesters to come out, and not fear the consequences of the act. Thus more and more such molesters started turning into rapist, and situation started getting worse.

Now, what started with an unknown face in crowd, trying to touch or molest without getting recognized, has changed into a recognizable face sexually abusing you. But it did not stop at that, as human mind has no limit, and now this sexual abuse has turn into brutal kind of various acts which no human being can tolerate! Now we have molesters turning into rapists turning into killers! The killings are not swift, but it is due to torture and inhuman act done on women!



How do we stop this madness? Well, rape cannot be stopped, as it is part of human nature, and will keep happening. But we can control the situation to make it rare, that women will feel safe outside, and parents will feel relax when their daughters are outside!  The word we are looking for is “consequences” of this act. If people know that they cannot get away, this will stop them from committing such act. Rapist should be given harsh punishment. I think most of the rapist, should be given death penalty, nothing less. Only in some cases, where the situation or condition of the case is a relationship turn ugly, and girl accuse man for rape, can be thought of non-death punishment. Also, we need to take a call on so called juvenile rapists and killers. Court has given 3 years remand home punishment to the main accused in Nirbhaya’s case. He raped her, tortured her, killed her, and he will get away with it due to his age? They should be locked away for life, if not death penalty. I think there is a provision in our law, which can be used for such underage monsters. Take them as mentally unstable and unfit for society. This will ensure they will never be able to walk free on road.  Desperate times need desperate measures, so if we need to bend some rules, let’s do that for the sake of our women and daughters!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sholay - Special Edition DVD of Alternate Version

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011 TO ALL! This is my 50th post on this Blog, and I never thought I can post upto 50 when I started. I wanted to post this in December 2010, as my last post of the year. But somehow, the time taken in research as well as year end holidays delayed it, and now we are with this, my 50th post, about Sholay Special Edition DVD and Alternate Version, as the first post this year. Sholay ! The name is enough! Yes, I am talking about Sholay the movie! The most famous movie of Indian film industry ever! There are so much written about Sholay, that I don't think I can add any new information in the already known knowledge about this movie! It’s a cult movie! Even today, after 35 years of its release, people still remember the characters, not just the main characters, but small guest appearance characters such as Surma Bhopali or Jailor, Sambha, Kalia as well! We still refer Sholay dialogues in day to day conversations! So, if people know so much and remember this much

कारवाँ – ग्राफिक नॉवेल (हिंदी)

याली ड्रीम्स की अँग्रेजी में प्रकाशित और प्रशंसित ग्राफिक नॉवेल कारवाँ अब हिंदी में उपलब्ध हो गयी है। आजकल के सभी नए कॉमिक्‍स प्रकाशक अपनी किताबें अँग्रेजी में ही प्रकाशित करते है। यह उनकी विवशता है, क्योंकि नए प्रकाशक के पास उत्तम कहानी और चित्रांकन तो है, परंतु प्रकाशित पुस्तकों के वितरण का उपयुक्त साधन नहीं है। उन्हें कॉमिक कान या फिर ऑनलाइन स्‍टोर्स पर निर्भर रहना पड़ता है। फिर उत्तम श्रेणी की कहानी, कला एवं रूप-सज्जा देने पर पुस्तक का मूल्य भी अधिक होता है। हिंदी में पाठकों की संख्या तो है, परंतु अधिक पैसे खर्च करके नए प्रकाशक की कॉमिक्‍स लेने वाले पाठक कम है। ऊपर से बिना देखे, ऑनलाइन खरीदने वाले तो और भी कम है। ऐसे में अँग्रेजी के पाठक तुलनात्मक रूप से अधिक हैं। यही कारण है कि आज हरेक प्रकाशक अँग्रेजी में ही अपनी कॉमिक्‍स प्रकाशित कर रहा है। भले ही कहानियाँ शुद्ध देशी है, पर भाषा विदेशी है। यह एक विडंबना है, जिसे आज प्रकाशक और हिंदी पढ़ने वाले पाठक, दोनों को झेलना पड़ता है। ऐसा नहीं है कि हिंदी में कॉमिक्‍स एकदम प्रकाशित नहीं होती। राज कॉमिक्‍स आज भी हिंदी में कॉमिक प्रकाशि

TnT – Taranath Tantrik – City of Sorrows

I read both part of Taranath Tantrik - City of Sorrow , and to summarize it, I can only say that I just can’t wait for the third installment. Brilliant story, keeps you gripped till the last page in both part. I will not discuss spoilers here. The story is about a Psychic Taranath Tantrik working with his friends Shankar , a CID office, Sneha , a TV journalist and   Vibhuti , a horror novelist, in an investigation, where someone is trying to change the City of Joy Kolkata into City of Sorrows.  First part shows glimpse into Taranath’s past, and cut to present day for main story to develop. The second part again shows villain’s past, and then move to current day. So, the first one introduced TnT to us, and started chain of events which makes the story. Then second part introduced the villain to us, and the story progressed.  I liked this type of storytelling, which gives you a glimpse of main character’s past, and then jumps directly to the story. Shamik Dasgupta has once again