Skip to main content

Haneef - Innocent until proven guilty or TERRORIST?

He is a terrorist! Yes, that's how people will see him for the rest of his life! His life is ruined forever! Its not innocent until proven guilty, but guilty from the day one! With the international media coverage, its already confirm that he is not going back to the civilized world again; there is no place for him anywhere but in terrorist camp! I am not sure if he has the guts to pull the trigger or go as human bomb and kill innocent people. If he can not do that, he is jobless as there is no other job he can do now!

Why am I thinking abut him anyway? Does this has anything to do with me? No and Yes! No because I don't know him, and I don't care what happen to him, its like just another news item to me. Yesterday a building collapsed and till now 28 people are dead, with chances of toll going up. I see 28 innocent people dead, including kids, he is alive! But there are a lot of other reasons which prompt me to think and write about it, the Yes part of its impact on my life! It does impact me when I see how our government reacts and lay-off his hand from any of such cases. It does impact me when I see that we don't get any help from our govt at the time when we badly need it. It does impact me when I see how media can turn an innocent person into a deadly terrorist in just few hours. It does impact me when I see how can the power of media be misused against anyone! It does impact me when I see how a person is illegally held by a developed nation just because there are suspicion on him It does impact me when I see how the law is twisted to do illegal task by a develop nation. It does impact me when I see no human right commission is raising any voice against whats happening with him. It does impact me when I see no other nation is condemning whats being done in Australia.

I am not assuming that Haneef is innocent, yes I will not use Dr in his name anymore, as I am sure he can not practice now... not now, not in future anymore! He may be a terrorist and they may find proof against him. But as I said earlier, I don't care if he is a terrorist. The fact is, everyone is treating him like he is a terrorist and its already proved! For one second, I can assume that general public has a tendency of assuming guilty based on media report, but how can one justify what governments are doing! When I am using govts, I am including India as well. Any Indian citizen working abroad looks for help from his country in this situation. Its our govt duty to ensure that he receives a fair trial. How can one trust and love India after knowing that the country will not stand for him when needed most? How can I think of going to such developed nation after knowing that I will be treated like Haneef if they even have a little doubt on my character?

I am happy in India, at least here I know that I will not get any punishment soon even if I am a terrorist! Don't believe me? Check out the Mumbai Bomb Blast case, after 14 years, the sentences are being given now. 3 of them got death punishment. After this, there will be appeal into different courts and then to the President. So it could be another 10-15 years before they actually get death penalty, if the decision is upheld everywhere.

I can suggest a way to eradicate terrorism from this world, and I think our so called developed nations are already following most part of it. Just kill anyone who you think can be a terrorist or having relation with any known terrorist. If you happen to catch a terrorist, kill him, kill his family and all his relatives. Very soon you will remove that religion from the earth, so no one will be left to become a terrorist. Like it? I have to get it patented, otherwise someone from US will get a patent on it and no other country can use this trick!

Jokes apart, if you ask my personal opinion, I am in favor of a very violent torture for all terrorist who are involve in killing innocent people! No matter who is it, what nationality or religion he/she is following, its just one thing, if he or she has killed innocent people and there should only one penalty for it - no, its not death, I don't want them to die, I want them to live, live for at least few years, with everyday going to the living hell of torture! I know its against human rights, but what they are doing is also against humanity! And you can only stop it by giving hell to those who think they are going to heaven once they die! I am not targeting any particular religion here, but if any religion is asking to kill innocent people, I don't believe that religion should be followed by anyone! Come and tell me that your religion ask you to kill an innocent person and I will say your religion is bullshit!

Anyway, that's my opinion, everyone has their own way of thinking, and I respect that. Innocent or Guilty, Haneef is a terrorist now! And thanks to him, I get to know the dark side of our govt as well as some developed countries!

Comments

Comic World said…
A honest display of filtered feelings.
Well,yeah i agree with you on misuse of media power and autocratic behavior of Govts. in the name of "terrorism".
Enquiring a probable terrorist case is a utmost sensitive issue which should be handled very carefully as a little carelessness on govt. and media part not can only ruin a individual life but might rope deadly seeds of revolt in individual/community minds.
Now lets come to point of eliminating terrorism...terrorism cant be completely eradicated by mere punishing heavily proven terrorists.We have to attack on the root cause of it..and the root causes are poor diplomatic policies and intelligence network,illiteracy,poverty,unemployment,politics of religion as its very easy to misguide and lure frustrated and unemployed youth in the name of Jihad by extremist outfits.
Our govt. has to first tight the screws on these internal fronts ...also it should provide full moral and well needed support to any indian facing any such alleged trial.

Popular posts from this blog

Sholay - Special Edition DVD of Alternate Version

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011 TO ALL! This is my 50th post on this Blog, and I never thought I can post upto 50 when I started. I wanted to post this in December 2010, as my last post of the year. But somehow, the time taken in research as well as year end holidays delayed it, and now we are with this, my 50th post, about Sholay Special Edition DVD and Alternate Version, as the first post this year. Sholay ! The name is enough! Yes, I am talking about Sholay the movie! The most famous movie of Indian film industry ever! There are so much written about Sholay, that I don't think I can add any new information in the already known knowledge about this movie! It’s a cult movie! Even today, after 35 years of its release, people still remember the characters, not just the main characters, but small guest appearance characters such as Surma Bhopali or Jailor, Sambha, Kalia as well! We still refer Sholay dialogues in day to day conversations! So, if people know so much and remember this much

कारवाँ – ग्राफिक नॉवेल (हिंदी)

याली ड्रीम्स की अँग्रेजी में प्रकाशित और प्रशंसित ग्राफिक नॉवेल कारवाँ अब हिंदी में उपलब्ध हो गयी है। आजकल के सभी नए कॉमिक्‍स प्रकाशक अपनी किताबें अँग्रेजी में ही प्रकाशित करते है। यह उनकी विवशता है, क्योंकि नए प्रकाशक के पास उत्तम कहानी और चित्रांकन तो है, परंतु प्रकाशित पुस्तकों के वितरण का उपयुक्त साधन नहीं है। उन्हें कॉमिक कान या फिर ऑनलाइन स्‍टोर्स पर निर्भर रहना पड़ता है। फिर उत्तम श्रेणी की कहानी, कला एवं रूप-सज्जा देने पर पुस्तक का मूल्य भी अधिक होता है। हिंदी में पाठकों की संख्या तो है, परंतु अधिक पैसे खर्च करके नए प्रकाशक की कॉमिक्‍स लेने वाले पाठक कम है। ऊपर से बिना देखे, ऑनलाइन खरीदने वाले तो और भी कम है। ऐसे में अँग्रेजी के पाठक तुलनात्मक रूप से अधिक हैं। यही कारण है कि आज हरेक प्रकाशक अँग्रेजी में ही अपनी कॉमिक्‍स प्रकाशित कर रहा है। भले ही कहानियाँ शुद्ध देशी है, पर भाषा विदेशी है। यह एक विडंबना है, जिसे आज प्रकाशक और हिंदी पढ़ने वाले पाठक, दोनों को झेलना पड़ता है। ऐसा नहीं है कि हिंदी में कॉमिक्‍स एकदम प्रकाशित नहीं होती। राज कॉमिक्‍स आज भी हिंदी में कॉमिक प्रकाशि

TnT – Taranath Tantrik – City of Sorrows

I read both part of Taranath Tantrik - City of Sorrow , and to summarize it, I can only say that I just can’t wait for the third installment. Brilliant story, keeps you gripped till the last page in both part. I will not discuss spoilers here. The story is about a Psychic Taranath Tantrik working with his friends Shankar , a CID office, Sneha , a TV journalist and   Vibhuti , a horror novelist, in an investigation, where someone is trying to change the City of Joy Kolkata into City of Sorrows.  First part shows glimpse into Taranath’s past, and cut to present day for main story to develop. The second part again shows villain’s past, and then move to current day. So, the first one introduced TnT to us, and started chain of events which makes the story. Then second part introduced the villain to us, and the story progressed.  I liked this type of storytelling, which gives you a glimpse of main character’s past, and then jumps directly to the story. Shamik Dasgupta has once again