Skip to main content

2 States – A Comical love story!

I have read it few months ago, and loved the book. So, why am I writing about it today? Something happened, which prompted me to write about this now, and it’s not that I read the book or any specific part again today. Infact, it’s somewhere in my house, and I don’t know where I put it after reading. So, what happened?


Venkat saw my LinkedIn profile, and saw that I have read 2 States. He mentioned to me that the story of 2 States is almost 90% similar to his own story! We were on phone, so this discussion did not continue much further, and I will get some more details from him, about “his” story. But, later when I started thinking about this, and remembering my own love story, I realise that it was fun, hilarious sometime, and madness! Of course it was romantic, but full of crazy activities! Then, I thought of some of my friends who has done similar crazy weddings, and surprise to understand that it was all madness, fun, and romantic at the same time! I did not realise it while reading 2 States, but now if I think of it, and compare my own story with it, I will find a lot similarities. Yeah, like Venkat I cannot say it’s exactly 90% my story, but there are similarities.
I am not talking about similarities here, but think of it, when you live it, you are tensed, confused, angry, under tremendous pressure and not sure what else. I am talking about the situation when you are in love, and try to get your families understand it, and if not, then run away from home to do a love marriage, without the approval of your families. Friends are always there to help you in such situation, but think of the situation itself, you are feeling pressure, and confused on what to do next. There are various people telling you not to marry the girl you love, relatives, parents, family members, friends of family! It seems like you wants to go away from all these! You can’t think straight! It’s a decision you need to take, and no one is available to offer you a clear advice, yes friends are there and they give advice as well. But they are of your own age; no one is there to give you an experienced advice! And when I am talking about advice, it’s the positive or neutral advice, and not the family/parent’s version of it.

Now, after years of your wedding, you look back to that time, to remember what you did, what you said to people. The activities, running away from parents, family, the arguments, your first meeting with in-laws, your thoughts about their customs, different rituals, the in-law’s family, relatives, and how you feel about them! The pressure on you to manage the new family, expectations of everyone! Your first fight with wife! Its all hilarious when you remember it now, but back then, it was a living nightmare! Love was the only thing which keeps you going in that situation! The whole world, except some friends, is against you and your love! But, you overcome all these, and now you are a happy and settled married person! So, my reason for remembering 2 States today was remembering my own love story, and laughing about it! But yes, I am no Chetan Bhagat, so my story is limited to my and my wife’s memories, sweet and romantic, with comic memories!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sholay - Special Edition DVD of Alternate Version

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011 TO ALL! This is my 50th post on this Blog, and I never thought I can post upto 50 when I started. I wanted to post this in December 2010, as my last post of the year. But somehow, the time taken in research as well as year end holidays delayed it, and now we are with this, my 50th post, about Sholay Special Edition DVD and Alternate Version, as the first post this year. Sholay ! The name is enough! Yes, I am talking about Sholay the movie! The most famous movie of Indian film industry ever! There are so much written about Sholay, that I don't think I can add any new information in the already known knowledge about this movie! It’s a cult movie! Even today, after 35 years of its release, people still remember the characters, not just the main characters, but small guest appearance characters such as Surma Bhopali or Jailor, Sambha, Kalia as well! We still refer Sholay dialogues in day to day conversations! So, if people know so much and remember this much

कारवाँ – ग्राफिक नॉवेल (हिंदी)

याली ड्रीम्स की अँग्रेजी में प्रकाशित और प्रशंसित ग्राफिक नॉवेल कारवाँ अब हिंदी में उपलब्ध हो गयी है। आजकल के सभी नए कॉमिक्‍स प्रकाशक अपनी किताबें अँग्रेजी में ही प्रकाशित करते है। यह उनकी विवशता है, क्योंकि नए प्रकाशक के पास उत्तम कहानी और चित्रांकन तो है, परंतु प्रकाशित पुस्तकों के वितरण का उपयुक्त साधन नहीं है। उन्हें कॉमिक कान या फिर ऑनलाइन स्‍टोर्स पर निर्भर रहना पड़ता है। फिर उत्तम श्रेणी की कहानी, कला एवं रूप-सज्जा देने पर पुस्तक का मूल्य भी अधिक होता है। हिंदी में पाठकों की संख्या तो है, परंतु अधिक पैसे खर्च करके नए प्रकाशक की कॉमिक्‍स लेने वाले पाठक कम है। ऊपर से बिना देखे, ऑनलाइन खरीदने वाले तो और भी कम है। ऐसे में अँग्रेजी के पाठक तुलनात्मक रूप से अधिक हैं। यही कारण है कि आज हरेक प्रकाशक अँग्रेजी में ही अपनी कॉमिक्‍स प्रकाशित कर रहा है। भले ही कहानियाँ शुद्ध देशी है, पर भाषा विदेशी है। यह एक विडंबना है, जिसे आज प्रकाशक और हिंदी पढ़ने वाले पाठक, दोनों को झेलना पड़ता है। ऐसा नहीं है कि हिंदी में कॉमिक्‍स एकदम प्रकाशित नहीं होती। राज कॉमिक्‍स आज भी हिंदी में कॉमिक प्रकाशि

TnT – Taranath Tantrik – City of Sorrows

I read both part of Taranath Tantrik - City of Sorrow , and to summarize it, I can only say that I just can’t wait for the third installment. Brilliant story, keeps you gripped till the last page in both part. I will not discuss spoilers here. The story is about a Psychic Taranath Tantrik working with his friends Shankar , a CID office, Sneha , a TV journalist and   Vibhuti , a horror novelist, in an investigation, where someone is trying to change the City of Joy Kolkata into City of Sorrows.  First part shows glimpse into Taranath’s past, and cut to present day for main story to develop. The second part again shows villain’s past, and then move to current day. So, the first one introduced TnT to us, and started chain of events which makes the story. Then second part introduced the villain to us, and the story progressed.  I liked this type of storytelling, which gives you a glimpse of main character’s past, and then jumps directly to the story. Shamik Dasgupta has once again