Skip to main content

Independent India is Dead, Long Live Independent India!!!




Happy Independence Day to all my Indian friends across the world! And there are two different greetings I would like to give, to the two different set of Indians across the globe. Indians living abroad, in developed countries like UK, USA, Singapore etc, enjoy this day, have party, show some patriotism by wearing tri-colour dress, host Indian flag, play some patriotic songs, dance and have a good time today. Indians still forced or choose to stuck here in India, please stay safe, have a quiet time today, and pray to god that the day pass by without any terror attack on our country, basically, be safe today. 



Some people may try to explain to me the definition of freedom, and importance of Independence Day! A lot of you may not agree with me as well, but being an Indian, who lives in India, if we think we are Independent, we are foolishly living in a dream world. We just witness a terrorist attack in Mumbai last Saturday, which we don’t even call terrorist attack. We are so used to have these kind of blasts, attacks, that it no longer a terror attack, its just another day in India. I moved to Mumbai last year, and people told me that it’s a great city. They also told me that its much more safer than Gurgaon, from where I moved. I agree to that as well. You can’t think of going out late at night in Gurgaon, but its safe to go out here. Or is it? Last year, we experience serial blasts hitting different parts of Mumbai, and I was on my way back from office. I felt the real fear that I might not be able to reach home on that day. And last Saturday, we planned to go to Fashion Street, for some shopping. Maybe it was luck, or my time has not yet come, on our way, when we reached Bandra, we decided not to go there due to traffic, and instead went to Phoenix Mall in Parel. I don’t know what would have happened, had we went to Fashion Street, where the attack on India happened. And I was not alone, was with my family. So, yeah, Mumbai is safe, I am yet to figure out how, but people say its safe. To me, Mumbai has become the battleground for India, as it has witness all kind of attacks. But why Mumbai, we just had serial blasts in Pune couple of weeks back, and we are still trying to figure out if that was a terror attack or not. Its serious, but I was amused by the statement from Police, that it may not be terror attack, as these blast did not kill people! The last Saturday attack in Mumbai is not treated as terror attack, and will be dealt with some political angle to ensure the arrested terrorists are free to go without any charges. 

Pune Blast, Mumbai attack, and terrorist killing Maruti officers by torching them are not terrorist act, and are normal events! Kasab is still alive, and I think we should let him go to Pakistan. What he did was another incident. Not sure why people are calling him terrorist. His lawyer should file a petition about changing the case completely. If all these other events are not terrorist act, how come Kasab be a terrorist? I am really sorry for the people who lost their life during the attack where Kasab was involved. But I am also sorry for the life of Maruti officials who were burnt to death! I am sorry for all those policeman who were injured during the last Saturday attack. But isn’t it same as someone died in a road accident? It seems same to me today! We are all vulnerable, and can get killed on any day in the street! We may not return to our home on some day, people are dying everyday, and others go on with their life, waiting for their turn to die. 



Don’t get me wrong, I love my country, have full faith in our constitution, and respect my national flag, respect our freedom fighters, stand in respect of our national anthem, but I don’t consider my country Independent today! It may have been Independent earlier, in 1947, but slowly and slowly, we again got captured by terrorism. Today, we are slave of the fear, and its not fear of unknown, this fear has a face. The face of terrorism, which is everywhere, in different avatars, and we try to deny it. Whatever you say, you cannot convince me that Maoist are not terrorist, Mob attacking policemen in Azaad Maidan Mumbai are not terrorist, People killing Maruti officials are not terrorists, People killing Muslims in Asam are not terrorist, People who destroyed Babri Masjid are not terrorists, Kasab is not terrorist! 


Independent India is dead today! Long Live Independent India! Come and lets spend 2 minute of silence in prayer for the departed soul of Independent India!

Comments

Nitin Aggarwal said…
I agree with you Binay. India can not be treated as independent nation anymore. Safety now a days is just a dream, we keep listening so many incidents everyday and try to ignore them. Terrorism and corruption is biggest threat for the country. I think Independence day is just a Holiday for us now a days nothing more.

Popular posts from this blog

Sholay - Special Edition DVD of Alternate Version

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011 TO ALL! This is my 50th post on this Blog, and I never thought I can post upto 50 when I started. I wanted to post this in December 2010, as my last post of the year. But somehow, the time taken in research as well as year end holidays delayed it, and now we are with this, my 50th post, about Sholay Special Edition DVD and Alternate Version, as the first post this year. Sholay ! The name is enough! Yes, I am talking about Sholay the movie! The most famous movie of Indian film industry ever! There are so much written about Sholay, that I don't think I can add any new information in the already known knowledge about this movie! It’s a cult movie! Even today, after 35 years of its release, people still remember the characters, not just the main characters, but small guest appearance characters such as Surma Bhopali or Jailor, Sambha, Kalia as well! We still refer Sholay dialogues in day to day conversations! So, if people know so much and remember this much

कारवाँ – ग्राफिक नॉवेल (हिंदी)

याली ड्रीम्स की अँग्रेजी में प्रकाशित और प्रशंसित ग्राफिक नॉवेल कारवाँ अब हिंदी में उपलब्ध हो गयी है। आजकल के सभी नए कॉमिक्‍स प्रकाशक अपनी किताबें अँग्रेजी में ही प्रकाशित करते है। यह उनकी विवशता है, क्योंकि नए प्रकाशक के पास उत्तम कहानी और चित्रांकन तो है, परंतु प्रकाशित पुस्तकों के वितरण का उपयुक्त साधन नहीं है। उन्हें कॉमिक कान या फिर ऑनलाइन स्‍टोर्स पर निर्भर रहना पड़ता है। फिर उत्तम श्रेणी की कहानी, कला एवं रूप-सज्जा देने पर पुस्तक का मूल्य भी अधिक होता है। हिंदी में पाठकों की संख्या तो है, परंतु अधिक पैसे खर्च करके नए प्रकाशक की कॉमिक्‍स लेने वाले पाठक कम है। ऊपर से बिना देखे, ऑनलाइन खरीदने वाले तो और भी कम है। ऐसे में अँग्रेजी के पाठक तुलनात्मक रूप से अधिक हैं। यही कारण है कि आज हरेक प्रकाशक अँग्रेजी में ही अपनी कॉमिक्‍स प्रकाशित कर रहा है। भले ही कहानियाँ शुद्ध देशी है, पर भाषा विदेशी है। यह एक विडंबना है, जिसे आज प्रकाशक और हिंदी पढ़ने वाले पाठक, दोनों को झेलना पड़ता है। ऐसा नहीं है कि हिंदी में कॉमिक्‍स एकदम प्रकाशित नहीं होती। राज कॉमिक्‍स आज भी हिंदी में कॉमिक प्रकाशि

TnT – Taranath Tantrik – City of Sorrows

I read both part of Taranath Tantrik - City of Sorrow , and to summarize it, I can only say that I just can’t wait for the third installment. Brilliant story, keeps you gripped till the last page in both part. I will not discuss spoilers here. The story is about a Psychic Taranath Tantrik working with his friends Shankar , a CID office, Sneha , a TV journalist and   Vibhuti , a horror novelist, in an investigation, where someone is trying to change the City of Joy Kolkata into City of Sorrows.  First part shows glimpse into Taranath’s past, and cut to present day for main story to develop. The second part again shows villain’s past, and then move to current day. So, the first one introduced TnT to us, and started chain of events which makes the story. Then second part introduced the villain to us, and the story progressed.  I liked this type of storytelling, which gives you a glimpse of main character’s past, and then jumps directly to the story. Shamik Dasgupta has once again