Skip to main content

Happy Dushehra!! Happy Durga Puja!!


Wishing all of you a very happy Durga Puja and Dushehra! I was not able to visit Calcutta for Durga Puja and spend my whole day today in office, as I am managing Application Support Project! Well, that's not what I am going to crib about, like my team members! I knew when I came on-board that I will be working on most of the Indian holidays! So, there is no surprise here for me. And I have manage similar (a bit bigger and more messy) project in Singapore for another bank, and used to work on Singapore public holidays.


My wife and kids are already in Calcutta, and I am all alone here in Gurgaon! So, yesterday, when I was coming home in the evening, just remember that there is a small Durga Puja organized in my locality, and just went there. I grow up in Calcutta, and years after years, Durga Puja is somehow very normal for me, like never had a chance to think that I might miss it some day. Durga Puja for any Calcuttan is like part of life! But when you are away fro
m Calcutta, you start knowing how much you liked that and start missing it. Same happens with me, and this small pandal was nothing compare to what they make in Calcutta, the budget over there are in lakhs for most of the big puja. But, here, with small budget, the pandal looks great! That was something inside me which makes the vision just fascinating! I think it was just the joy of seeing the pandal and Maa Durga's Pratima live here in Gurgaon, instead of watching pics on the net or newspapers. The pic of Pandal is in left of this text, and you can see that its very generic, but I think that's what is called your belief! Beauty lies in the eyes of the person!


Also, just one more update, I am going to try my hand on fanedit! I will put a detail post on it later, maybe in this weekend. But just for now, fanedit are movies edited by fans, to make it a while new watching experience. I have seen a fanedit - Spiderman Birth Of A Hero, a 3:53 hour movie, created using Spiderman part 1, 2, 2.1 and 3. That was great! A must for all Spiderman fans! The thought came to me that why not re-edit a Hindi movie. Its not that I will be doing the first fanedit of any Hindi movie. As per my knowledge, Sholay is the first Hindi movie to be released on net as "So called Director's Cut" and that was the first Indian fanedit movie. I will put up a post on Sholay fanedit as well. I think the Sholay one will be my next post. So, watch this space!

Very few people know that I am also associated with one of the major Durga Puja of Calcutta. Md Ali Park Durga Puja is one of the biggest Puja there. I am a member of Youth Association, the organiser club of this puja. I will close this post with some pics of this years Md Ali Park Puja. This years theme was Global Warming!





Enjoy the festival season! Happy Dushehra and Durga Puja to everyone!

Comments

~@$HIM@~ said…
where is this place??

Popular posts from this blog

Sholay - Special Edition DVD of Alternate Version

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011 TO ALL! This is my 50th post on this Blog, and I never thought I can post upto 50 when I started. I wanted to post this in December 2010, as my last post of the year. But somehow, the time taken in research as well as year end holidays delayed it, and now we are with this, my 50th post, about Sholay Special Edition DVD and Alternate Version, as the first post this year. Sholay ! The name is enough! Yes, I am talking about Sholay the movie! The most famous movie of Indian film industry ever! There are so much written about Sholay, that I don't think I can add any new information in the already known knowledge about this movie! It’s a cult movie! Even today, after 35 years of its release, people still remember the characters, not just the main characters, but small guest appearance characters such as Surma Bhopali or Jailor, Sambha, Kalia as well! We still refer Sholay dialogues in day to day conversations! So, if people know so much and remember this much

कारवाँ – ग्राफिक नॉवेल (हिंदी)

याली ड्रीम्स की अँग्रेजी में प्रकाशित और प्रशंसित ग्राफिक नॉवेल कारवाँ अब हिंदी में उपलब्ध हो गयी है। आजकल के सभी नए कॉमिक्‍स प्रकाशक अपनी किताबें अँग्रेजी में ही प्रकाशित करते है। यह उनकी विवशता है, क्योंकि नए प्रकाशक के पास उत्तम कहानी और चित्रांकन तो है, परंतु प्रकाशित पुस्तकों के वितरण का उपयुक्त साधन नहीं है। उन्हें कॉमिक कान या फिर ऑनलाइन स्‍टोर्स पर निर्भर रहना पड़ता है। फिर उत्तम श्रेणी की कहानी, कला एवं रूप-सज्जा देने पर पुस्तक का मूल्य भी अधिक होता है। हिंदी में पाठकों की संख्या तो है, परंतु अधिक पैसे खर्च करके नए प्रकाशक की कॉमिक्‍स लेने वाले पाठक कम है। ऊपर से बिना देखे, ऑनलाइन खरीदने वाले तो और भी कम है। ऐसे में अँग्रेजी के पाठक तुलनात्मक रूप से अधिक हैं। यही कारण है कि आज हरेक प्रकाशक अँग्रेजी में ही अपनी कॉमिक्‍स प्रकाशित कर रहा है। भले ही कहानियाँ शुद्ध देशी है, पर भाषा विदेशी है। यह एक विडंबना है, जिसे आज प्रकाशक और हिंदी पढ़ने वाले पाठक, दोनों को झेलना पड़ता है। ऐसा नहीं है कि हिंदी में कॉमिक्‍स एकदम प्रकाशित नहीं होती। राज कॉमिक्‍स आज भी हिंदी में कॉमिक प्रकाशि

TnT – Taranath Tantrik – City of Sorrows

I read both part of Taranath Tantrik - City of Sorrow , and to summarize it, I can only say that I just can’t wait for the third installment. Brilliant story, keeps you gripped till the last page in both part. I will not discuss spoilers here. The story is about a Psychic Taranath Tantrik working with his friends Shankar , a CID office, Sneha , a TV journalist and   Vibhuti , a horror novelist, in an investigation, where someone is trying to change the City of Joy Kolkata into City of Sorrows.  First part shows glimpse into Taranath’s past, and cut to present day for main story to develop. The second part again shows villain’s past, and then move to current day. So, the first one introduced TnT to us, and started chain of events which makes the story. Then second part introduced the villain to us, and the story progressed.  I liked this type of storytelling, which gives you a glimpse of main character’s past, and then jumps directly to the story. Shamik Dasgupta has once again