Skip to main content

What A Day Today!

Karwa Chouth! Yes, today is Karwa Chouth, but my wife don't do fasting. Not because she does not believe in it, but its not celebrated in our family. We have different similar fasting day for women, its Jiutiya. It's a different story that my wife does not do fasting in Jiutiya as well, because she is not into this fasting and all. She prays, but no fasting, believes in GOD, but limited to self prayers only. I truly support her in this.

But, when I am saying its a great day, its not because of Karwa Chouth, but other reasons.



Today, Sachin Tendulkar beats another world record! He beats the highest test cricket score of Brian Lara. He is on top now, but when was he not? I know a lot of people hated him, when he was not playing well or so. But, I always liked him, although I also felt on time that he should take some matches off, to recover in form, which he did not do, apart from breaks forced by injuries. But, even if he is out at 7 runs/10 runs, they way he bat on ground, is awesome to watch! Just great strokes! Its not the run which matters, its the way he take those runs! Take any inning of Sachin, small or long, 5 runs or 150 runs! You will find his batting style worth watching! The problem with 5-10 runs is that you only get to see him play for 10-15 mins. But he has proved again, that he is Sachin! And continues to get out very close to 100 :-)


Today, I had a good meeting in office, I was worried, because I am new and in this meeting, I was left alone by my manager, in front of a different team, along with their business users, and it was related to some back and forth email between my Manager and their manager, on service level agreement between two teams. We send feeds to them, so they are higher in the food chain, and equipped with business users, they were ready to push for harder terms. But I did well. I did ask a senior member of the team to be in the call, for help. But, I did well. We did not agree to any of the non-practical approach. For a person just 6 weeks into the job, I feel good about it.


But, that's not all, Amitabh Bachchan return home today! He was in hospital for 7 days, and we all his fans were praying to 
GOD for him. What a relief after almost a week! The only problem is, that he promised to word harder! He needs to understand the importance of relaxing and taking things slowly. He is not getting younger. He continues to work long hours, do not take time-off, then his body will demand it. And the way his body will ask for some time off is painful for him, and for all of us, his fans! He needs to understand it clearly, that he should do limited movies only. Discuss, think and take only quality movies. We, all fans are ok to see him in just 1 or 2 movies in a year, and not in hospital! Hope he listen to us and act accordingly. But, nevertheless, today is a great day!


Yes, What A Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sholay - Special Edition DVD of Alternate Version

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011 TO ALL! This is my 50th post on this Blog, and I never thought I can post upto 50 when I started. I wanted to post this in December 2010, as my last post of the year. But somehow, the time taken in research as well as year end holidays delayed it, and now we are with this, my 50th post, about Sholay Special Edition DVD and Alternate Version, as the first post this year. Sholay ! The name is enough! Yes, I am talking about Sholay the movie! The most famous movie of Indian film industry ever! There are so much written about Sholay, that I don't think I can add any new information in the already known knowledge about this movie! It’s a cult movie! Even today, after 35 years of its release, people still remember the characters, not just the main characters, but small guest appearance characters such as Surma Bhopali or Jailor, Sambha, Kalia as well! We still refer Sholay dialogues in day to day conversations! So, if people know so much and remember this much

कारवाँ – ग्राफिक नॉवेल (हिंदी)

याली ड्रीम्स की अँग्रेजी में प्रकाशित और प्रशंसित ग्राफिक नॉवेल कारवाँ अब हिंदी में उपलब्ध हो गयी है। आजकल के सभी नए कॉमिक्‍स प्रकाशक अपनी किताबें अँग्रेजी में ही प्रकाशित करते है। यह उनकी विवशता है, क्योंकि नए प्रकाशक के पास उत्तम कहानी और चित्रांकन तो है, परंतु प्रकाशित पुस्तकों के वितरण का उपयुक्त साधन नहीं है। उन्हें कॉमिक कान या फिर ऑनलाइन स्‍टोर्स पर निर्भर रहना पड़ता है। फिर उत्तम श्रेणी की कहानी, कला एवं रूप-सज्जा देने पर पुस्तक का मूल्य भी अधिक होता है। हिंदी में पाठकों की संख्या तो है, परंतु अधिक पैसे खर्च करके नए प्रकाशक की कॉमिक्‍स लेने वाले पाठक कम है। ऊपर से बिना देखे, ऑनलाइन खरीदने वाले तो और भी कम है। ऐसे में अँग्रेजी के पाठक तुलनात्मक रूप से अधिक हैं। यही कारण है कि आज हरेक प्रकाशक अँग्रेजी में ही अपनी कॉमिक्‍स प्रकाशित कर रहा है। भले ही कहानियाँ शुद्ध देशी है, पर भाषा विदेशी है। यह एक विडंबना है, जिसे आज प्रकाशक और हिंदी पढ़ने वाले पाठक, दोनों को झेलना पड़ता है। ऐसा नहीं है कि हिंदी में कॉमिक्‍स एकदम प्रकाशित नहीं होती। राज कॉमिक्‍स आज भी हिंदी में कॉमिक प्रकाशि

TnT – Taranath Tantrik – City of Sorrows

I read both part of Taranath Tantrik - City of Sorrow , and to summarize it, I can only say that I just can’t wait for the third installment. Brilliant story, keeps you gripped till the last page in both part. I will not discuss spoilers here. The story is about a Psychic Taranath Tantrik working with his friends Shankar , a CID office, Sneha , a TV journalist and   Vibhuti , a horror novelist, in an investigation, where someone is trying to change the City of Joy Kolkata into City of Sorrows.  First part shows glimpse into Taranath’s past, and cut to present day for main story to develop. The second part again shows villain’s past, and then move to current day. So, the first one introduced TnT to us, and started chain of events which makes the story. Then second part introduced the villain to us, and the story progressed.  I liked this type of storytelling, which gives you a glimpse of main character’s past, and then jumps directly to the story. Shamik Dasgupta has once again